Saturday, December 26, 2009

Blood Letting

Like everywhere, the Christmas season brings with it great joy but also the need for blood. (Blood banks, I mean!) Accidents are always on the rise this time of year, and trauma patients find themselves in desperate need of life-giving blood.

Whenever we can, Charlie and I try to give. It's something that cost us very little (just a tiny bit of fear and a little fatigue - for me, that is ;-). Once given, our bodies begin to replenish the blood, and we have joy knowing that we are helping those in critical need.

So, when our school had a blood drive, we were excited. Thankfully I had been taking my vitamins and my iron level was high enough for me to give. It was wonderful knowing that I was helping people right here in Costa Rica.

This Christmas may we remember that Jesus came for the very purpose of giving us the ultimate blood transfusion, so that we may truly be called "the sons of God." There's enough for everyone, and it's always the right type!

Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

  1. I used to be a faithful blood donor but after my last "giving," I felt so badly for so long that I haven't done it again.

    Please e-mail your address to me! Merry Christmas to you guys!

    ReplyDelete