Monday, March 8, 2010

Preparing for my Day

This morning I was lying in bed, thinking about getting up. I started thinking of the best way to start my day with God when I started comparing what I do to get ready physically with what I do to get ready spiritually. I came to the conclusion that I do alot more to get ready physically.

Physically, I: take a shower/brush my teeth, eat breakfast, get dressed, fix my hair/apply make-up, & feed my family

Spiritually, I: read my Bible & pray, sometimes routine-like, if you know what I mean.

I've decided to apply how I get ready physically to how I get ready spiritually, and see what happens.

Here's my experiment:

1. Just as I take a shower to "clean-up", I will confess my sins to Christ to have them washed in His blood.

2. Just as I eat breakfast to feed my body and give me energy, I will feast on the Word of God, and really let it speak to me.

3. Just as I get dressed for the day, I will put on the armor of God in order to be equipped for whatever comes my way.

4. Just as I do my hair and fix my make-up to "try to look nice", I will sing praises to God Who does all things well.

5. Just as I prepare breakfast for my family to nourish them, I will look for the opportunities that God sends me to minister to other's needs.

I can't wait to see what God has in store for me and my family as I endeavor to seek Him more fervently.

God bless each of you as you follow Christ in your own lives.

1 comment: