Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Typical School Day


First, I (Audrey) get a wake-up call at 4:30 from a neighbor that has a really loud motorcycle that sounds sick. He must need a new muffler. (Do motorcycles have mufflers?) This may sound like complaining, but it isn't. I never liked waking up to an alarm clock anyway! So then, I read my Bible in both Spanish and English. If I'm feeling alert, I read in Spanish first and then check myself with the English. If I'm feeling sluggish, I read the English first and then read the Spanish. After that, I put one load of clothes on to wash, check my e-mail and facebook, get dressed, and make breakfast.

Next, I wake up everyone else. They get dressed, make their beds and come to the table. We eat and pack our backpacks and lunches.

We leave after we have locked all the doors and gates that protect our house. This is a feat in and of itself! Our school is only 1 1/2 blocks away, so we walk. School, for everyone, starts at 7:30AM. The children go from 7:30-2:30, and Charlie and I go from 7:30-1:00.

Charlie and I have 1 hour of language, 2 hours of grammar, and 1 hour of phonics all conducted in Spanish with lots of homework. On Tuesdays and Thursdays we have chapel around 9:30. It's great to hear the testimonies and sermons by our fellow students that are ahead of us in classes.

After Charlie and I are done with classes, we try to get as much homework done before the children get out. On Mondays & Wednesdays, they have gymnastics, and on Tuesday & Thursday they have soccer. Then it's time for their homework. So far all is well.

To wrap it up, we eat around 5:00, take our showers, play or read, and then go to bed by 8:00 -8:30.

I'll do another post later about our weekends. Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like lots of fun for you guys! I bet y'all thought your schooling days were over! LOL Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete