Friday, February 4, 2011

Operation Christmas Child comes to Toledo District

For years our family has participated in Samaritan's Purse's Operation Christmas Child's shoebox program. Devon would even write letters to the children, and in all but one case, he received a letter in return. We think this is a great way to share the joy of Christmas and the love of Jesus with children who so desperately need it.


Well, imagine my surprise when missionary Bob Farley asks us to deliver around 500 shoe boxes in the district in which we live! I never dreamed we would have the privilege of seeing the children receive their gifts. Right now the boxes are sitting in my living room. :-)


We have 5 different groups to deliver the boxes to. Here's how it works. The children will be gathered and given the good news of Jesus' birth and why He came, and then they'll be given their boxes. Most of these children go home to share their gifts with the rest of their families.


I hope to visit with many of these children and take lots of pictures, too! What an awesome opportunity to be goodwill ambassadors for Jesus Christ!
Devon helping to deliver shoeboxes to CEF (Child Evangelism Fellowship) missionaries

2 comments:

  1. What a great opportunity! I've enjoyed reading your entire blog and seeing all the amazing adventures your family has been experiencing. The children are growing so!! Jeff enjoyed talking with Charlie via phone recently. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Lord uses your family to minister to others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the Leckies up for a visit from cousin Cheryl this summer? I would love to visit and to help in any way I can while there. Please give me two or three "good" weeks/weekends for your family. :)

    ReplyDelete