Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Toddler Rescue

O.K. - It may have been too long since your last blog if you've forgotten how to access your account! But here I am, and here's the latest. Two Sundays ago, we were merrily on our way to church services at Christian Life Center. Charlie was slated to teach Sunday school so we left a little early. We were travelling down the highway in a monster truck when we rounded a curve to find a toddler in diapers shuffling across the HIGHWAY! Charlie and I both looked from side to side to see where the parents or older siblings were, but no one was in sight. Charlie pulled off the road and we both got out. We were walking slowly toward the child and talking "sweetly" so as not to scare him. But then, I heard a car coming so I rushed forward and grabbed him up. He didn't seemed scared of me, but he couldn't tell me where he lived. There were a few apartments off to the side and a single house on stilts. I took him toward the apartments, but then someone pulled up and said that he lived in the house. So off to the house we went. At the base of the long flight of steps we called out "Good Morning," as is the custom here. The mother came out with several children. She was grateful to see her son, but she hadn't know that he was gone. After all that, we made it to church on time, and Charlie did a great job teaching on faith. I wonder what our next adventure will be. Oh, ya. . . I already know. I'll blog about it next. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment